The department’s two housing offices are responsible for:
- The development of a varied housing market.
- Promoting housing for special groups, young people, the elderly, the physically handicapped, the homeless and other groups with special housing needs.
- Analyses, housing budget and statistics.
- Growth and development of areas and cities with a focus on renewal, safe urban spaces and environments.
- Authority responsibility for housing for the elderly, council housing, student and youth housing, independent housing private rental and urban renewal etc.
- Financing the non-profit housing sector.